Man Shot and Killed by Juvenile in Cedar Key
CEDAR KEY - Florida Fish and Wildlife investigators say a Cedar Key man was killed in a hunting accident near Rosewood Sunday evening.
Sixty-Three year old John Alford was hunting with a juvenile on private property off State Road 24 when the two split up during the hunt.
The youth fired a shot with a 16-gauge shotgun at hogs passing by and that's when he accidentally shot Alford.
After being transported to Shands Hospital, Alford did not survive his injuries.
The case is still under investigation, and we'll have more details as they are released.
- Man Sues the City of Cedar Key
- Man Shot and Killed in Ocala
- Man Shot and Killed During Argument, Police Say
- Economic Impact of Cedar Key Arts Festival
- 50th Annual Fine Arts Festival in Cedar Key This Weekend
- Cedar Key residents prepare for Fay
- Cedar Key Police Chief
- Cedar Key Landmark Ready To Re-Open
- Cedar Key Gears Up to Celebrate Clamerica
- Cedar Key Seafood Festival