Marion County Democrats Hold Their Own Inaugural Ball
Published January 22nd, 2013
OCALA - As Democrats in Washington celebrated the President's second inauguration Monday night, so too were many Democrats in Marion County.
Officials with the Marion County Democratic Party threw their first ever Inaugural Ball on Monday. The event was held at the Ocala Hilton, and featured a dinner and live music. Large projection screens also were set up to provide attendees with a live view of the inaugural balls taking place in the nation's capital.
Organizers of the event say it was designed to give residents of the county a taste of the inaugural festivities, without having to travel to Washington, D.C. A total of 160 people attended the county's inaugural ball.
- Alachua County Democratic Party Wants Alachua County Democratic Black Caucus Charter Revoked
- The Fight for Alachua County Sheriff is on at The 2008 Democratic Black Caucus
- Alachua County Democratic Black Caucus Not To Be Revoked
- Levy County Issues Own Flood Warning
- Democrats VS Democrats
- Alachua County's 'Foster Grandparents' On Hold Due to Government Shutdown
- Marion County Holds First Ever "Football Media Day"
- County Holds First Veteran Referral Day
- Levy County Holds 2nd Annual Public Safety Expo
- Alachua County Schools Hold Annual Meet and Greet for Parents and Students