Marion County School District Penalized for Class Size Violation
MARION COUNTY - A report shows that from Pre-K through third grade there are 139 classes over cap, 47 classes grade four through eight, and 13 in the high school levels.
The school district will be penalized by having its budget cut by one and a half million dollars.
They have the option of appealing it and getting as much as 75 percent of the funding back, which they plan on doing.
- Class size back on the table
- Two High School Students Bring Loaded Shotgun to Class
- Parents outraged after school bus accident in Marion County
- One Class at a Time: Meet February Winner Brooke Newell
- One Class at a Time: Meet December Winner Lawrie Gebhardt
- One Class at a Time: Meet November Winner Janet Wisby
- Class Size Proposal Clears House
- Honoring Class Size in Florida
- Teachers Adjust To New Class Size Restrictions
- Alachua Joins Class-Size Lawsuit