Military Family From Live Oak Reunited Overseas
Published January 24th, 2013
LIVE OAK - She's a nurse and he's a soldier for the U.S. Army. A love story that grew into 4 kids. The two young men decided to follow their father's footsteps by also enrolling in the military and now it's become a family tradition.
Mary Fuller the wife of an Army Major says, "Mike's dad was in the Army. My dad was a pilot in the coast guard. I have 5 Marine brothers. One of my Marine brothers has 3 Marine sons." And well, the list goes on.
But something that's never happened before in the family's long line of service happened earlier this month. A military family reunion in South East Asia.
Michael Fuller, Mary's husband who is in the reserves was deployed last October to Kuwait along with his two sons who were already there. Michael says, "I didn't request to be here, he didn't request to be here... The only person that was coming here originally was Ian."
Evan Fuller, one of Michael and Mary's sons says, "We've gotten a lot closer since we joined the military. We all have that in common. We talk about that a lot."
Marry adds, "Even though it was a blessing to have both boys in Kuwait for the holidays... To have their dad there with them is like icing on the cake."
I spoke to the couple's daughters over the phone today. Meaghann Fuller, says it's a priceless moment. "They don't get to spend their time over there with someone they love and care about. It's just really awesome they got to experience that together," Meaghann says.
14 year-old, Madison Fuller the baby of the family is overjoyed by their reuinon over-seas but can't wait for their return to the states. "I just want to spend time with them and i want them to be home safe, that I love them... I just want them to be safe over there," Madison says.
Mom tells us they're planning a big family reunion for family members all around the country to get together this summer in New York, once her sons and husband are back home in Live Oak.
- Repairing Sinkholes In Live Oak After Tropical Storm Debby
- Sisters Reunited After 60 Years Apart
- Salvation Army Feeding the Homeless Before & After Thanksgiving
- Military Furlough Plan To Affect Camp Blanding
- Teen Birth Rate Higher In The U.S. Than Many Other Developed Countries
- Debris From Debby Continues to Plague Live Oak Streets
- Alachua County Fire... Saving Lives
- Double Drowning During Family Reunion at Lake Weir
- Possible Closure For The Aguilar Family
- Missing UF Student's Family, Not Giving Up