Plans For The Vacant Gainesville Correctional Institution Building
GAINESVILLE - A prison used to lock up people in Gainesville might soon become a place of empowerment. While the idea is still in the works, the city is coming close to making it a reality.
Residents checked out the facility's kitchen and library which city commissioners hope can be used as resources not only for homeless people but young adults and the unemployed. After the the correctional institution was closed down, the property was surplused and became available for a state or local agency to make use of it. And that's exactly what the city of Gainesville wants to do.
- Gainesville's One Stop Homeless Center
- Gainesville City Commissioners Approve Location for Homeless Resource Center
- Old prison May Soon be a Homeless Center
- Two Inmates Shot In A Columbia County Prison
- One Stop Homeless Center "Stopped?"
- The Old Gainesville Correctional Institution - Not Just a Homeless Center
- Alternative Site for Homeless One Stop Center No Longer An Option
- Rezoning the One Stop Homeless Center
- Wait Continues for One Stop Homeless Center
- City Commission Approves One-Stop Homeless Shelter