Southern Pines Murder Suspect Turns Himself In
GAINESVILLE – The Gainesville Police Department says the man accused of killing another man in Southern Pines Apartments has turned himself in.
That man is 33 year old Eddie McCallum of Gainesville. He lived in Southern Pines, as did the victim.
Police accuse McCallum of striking 31 year old Delquaine Durant during a fight.
They say that fight quickly turned deadly as Durant’s head struck the pavement outside of a doorway in the complex.
When emergency and medical staff arrived, they found Durant there bleeding and barely breathing.
Durant was announced dead upon arrival at the hospital.
Initially, police believed Durant died from a gunshot wound to the head, but the medical examiner has confirmed that Durant's fatal wound was not from a gun, but from a skull fracture believed to have come from his fall on the pavement.
- Murder In Southern Pines Apartment Complex
- Gainesville Police Investigating Fourth Murder this Year Near Southern Pines Apartments
- Homicide at Southern Pine Apartments
- Suspect in Auburn Shooting Turns Himself In
- Police Search for Suspect in Spring Manor Apartments Murder
- In the Pines Apartment Complex Facing Hefty Fines
- Pine Ridge Apartment Shooting
- Family mourns loss of man killed in PineRidge Apartments
- Missing Fla. Lawyer Turns Himself in to FBI
- Police: Ocala Man Turns Himself In After Shooting