Sports Bars Packed With Gator Fans for Sugar Bowl
Published January 3rd, 2013
GAINESVILLE - While fans of the Florida Gators may be left feeling a little disappointed by Wednesday night's game, business owners around Gainesville definitely are not.
By and large, Gator fans did not make the trip to see the game in New Orleans, but they certainly showed up at sports bars around north central Florida. That includes Gator's Dockside, which was filled to the brim with Gator fans wearing their orange and blue Wednesday night.
Managers of Dockside say their sports bar is always packed for a gator football game, but there was a noticeable drop off after the team's loss to Georgia. Even though this season was a better one for the Gator football team, managers say they still saw the about the same level of fans pack the bar.
- Gainesville Regional Airport Sends Plane of Fans to Sugar Bowl
- Fans Pack Swamp for Gator Charity Challenge
- Gators Head to Sugar Bowl
- Gators Dominate Bearcats to Win Sugar Bowl
- Louisville Stuns the Gators in Sugar Bowl 33-23
- Muschamp Calls Sugar Bowl Victory "Critical" for Gator Season
- Gator Defense Prepares to Face Louisville in Sugar Bowl
- Gators TE Coach Lewis Hard Road to Sugar Bowl
- Former Gator Great Gives Out Sugar Bowl Tickets
- Locals Pack Bars to Watch Finals