Attempted Murder in Local Retirement Community
Its supposed to be a quiet retirement community.
But now part of it is a crime scene.
Residents are shocked after hearing about an attempted murder there.
The 55 plus retirement community is called pine run.
And it's located in southwest Ocala.
Officials with the Marion County Sheriff's won't release the report of the incident.
But what i do know is that 72 year old Lydia Herrera is considered to be the suspect and her husband 82 year old Jairo Herrera the victim.
The Herreras lived in this home for what neighbors tell me was less than a year.
Yesterday two visitors knocked on the door and heard Lydia say she couldn't get up.
A neighbor removed the door knob and rushed in.
They saw the couple on the floor of their bedroom.
Sandriana Hulleman says she heard the paramedics ask lydia if she took something.
And then Lydia said she took 20 Xanax.
Both Lydia and Jairo were rushed to the hospital.
Hulleman says she had no idea that lydia was allegedly trying to kill her husband.
Hulleman said, "That's a big surprise to me. Although he has Alzheimers and I am sure the stress and her illness and taking care of him is probably hard for her."
Huelleman tells me Lydia suffered from a lung disease called c-o-p-d and relies on an oxygen tank.
I asked marion county sheriffs office spokesperson judge cochran if the wife gave her husband Xanax....
But he says that information is not available at the moment.
The case is currently open and no further details are being released.
- Friends, Family, and Colleagues Gather To Honor Community Leader at Retirement Party
- Norovirus Spreads Through Two Retirement Communities
- Attempted Murder Trial Pushed Back, Defense Not Ready
- Attempted Murder
- Attempted Murder
- Traffic Violation turned Attempted Murder
- Two Face Attempted Murder Charges In Brutal Beating Incident
- Lake City Man Faces Attempted Murder Charges, After Shooting Friend
- Man Faces Attempted Murder Charge Over MySpace Dispute
- 14-year-old Charged with Attempted Murder