Butler Plaza Expansion, I-75 Overpass
GAINESVILLE - Its a bridge to somewhere but "where" is the problem. The city plan board is meeting tonight to discuss plans for a bridge over I-75 that would link the proposed Celebration Pointe Project with the next phase of butler plaza.
The two developers disagree on where it should touch down east of the freeway. Its landing point has become a quarrelsome issue. Bob Gibbs, who's involved with the project says, "We're just proposing moving them from Archer Road, making that into the walkable Town Center and then relocating to the north side of the property."
Developers tonight said the proposal would make butler plaza into a town center, much like the easton town center in columbus, ohio.
- City Commission Approves Changes to Butler Plaza Expansion Project
- Medicaid Expansion, Looking to the Future
- Quite the Haul To Fix I-75 Overpass
- Rooftop Fire at Butler Plaza Forces Shoppers to Evacuate
- Gainesville Based Optym Celebrates Expansion
- Negotations Will Continue Over Butler Plaza's Expansion
- North Florida Regional Medical Center Announces $58 Million Dollar Expansion Project
- Homeless Population Decreasing in Downtown Gainesville
- Rainy Weekend Hampers Occupy Gainesville
- Third annual 'Jest Fest!' in Gainesville this weekend