Congressman Meets Constituents of New Marion County District
Published February 12th, 2013
OCALA - As Congress prepares to convene for the President's State of the Union speech, one member took time to meet the constituents of his new district.
Representative Richard Nugent met with residents of District 11 on Monday evening, which covers most of Marion County. The congressman was in the area to open up his new office location in Ocala, which previously served as Cliff Stearns' office.
As Congress begins to get to work on a number of key issues facing the country, Nugent says he is most worried about the looming sequester cuts, which the congressman says could potentially hurt a number of small defense contractors in his district.
Several Marion County commissioners were spotted at the meet-and-greet, as well as Ocala's mayor. Nugent previously represented District 5, but now serves District 11 following last year's redistricting.
- Local Immigration Group Talks Immigration Reform With Congressman Ted Yoho
- Immigration Summit With Congressman Ted Yoho (Long Version)
- NCF Peanut Farmers Meet with Congressman Ted Yoho
- Newly-Elected Congressman Ted Yoho 'Meets the Press'
- Boy meets rescuers for first time
- Man Donates Land to County for New Park
- Water Management District Staff Recommends Adena Springs Permit be Denied
- Final meeting for State Road 200 changes
- Public Meeting on Anti-Tethering Approved by Commissioners
- OPD Chief Meets on Stand Your Ground