We now know the name of the drive who was killed in an early morning crash.
The crash happened here at the intersection of Waldo Road and University Avenue in Gainesville before dawn--blocking traffic for nearly four hours.
Police say Tyler Gaultney ran an red light as he was driving west on University towards Newberry.
That's when he was struck by a semi in the intersection.
Police say Gaultney wasn't wearing a seat belt and was ejected from his car.
GPD Spokesman Ben Tobias says,"The vehicle was equipped with multiple airbags, all of which deployed. And we can only think that had he his seat belt on, in addition to the air bags, it probably could have saved his life so that's one of the shocking reminders that you need to wear your seat belt each and every time you get into your vehicle."
The truck driver was hospitalized with minor injuries.
- Crash on Waldo Road Kills Five-Year-Old Girl
- Deadly Crash on Waldo Road
- Columbia County Fatal Car Crash
- Fatal Car Crash
- Driver Arrested For Fatal Crash
- UPDATE: Local Pilot In Disbelief After Williston Fatal Plane Crash
- Fatal Car Crashes up since 2009
- Fatal Car Crash in Marion County
- Local Dentist Died in Fatal Car Crash
- Marion County Residents Clean Up Fatal Crash Site