Gainesville High Social Studies Chair Named "Teacher of the Year"
Published February 8th, 2013
GAINESVILLE - It was a special night for educators across Alachua County on Thursday night, as a total of 41 teachers were recognized for their hard work at the annual "Teacher of the Year" ceremony, held at Trinity United Methodist Church.
But at the end of the night, the big honors could only go to one teacher: Gainesville High School social studies department chair Diane Ried was selected by her peers as the 2013 Alachua County Teacher of the Year.
In addition to winning the title, Ried also won the keys to a brand new Toyota Prius courtesy of Gatorland Toyota.
Ried says she feels humbled by the recognition. She will now go on to represent Alachua County in the statewide Teacher of the Year program.
- "Teacher of the Year" Nominees
- ACFR's David Torsell recognized as "paramedic of the year"
- UF Student is a Finalist for "Roommate of the Year"
- Susan Bowles named Alachua County Teacher of the Year
- Lyons named K-12 public school chancellor
- Bethany Crawford named Marion County Teacher of the Year
- Alachua County Kicks Off School Superintendent Search With Public Forum
- Alachua County Public Schools Release Grades
- Alachua County public schools seeing an increase in head lice
- Robotics coming to Alachua County Public Schools