Gainesville High Social Studies Chair Named "Teacher of the Year"
Published February 8th, 2013
GAINESVILLE - It was a special night for educators across Alachua County on Thursday night, as a total of 41 teachers were recognized for their hard work at the annual "Teacher of the Year" ceremony, held at Trinity United Methodist Church.
But at the end of the night, the big honors could only go to one teacher: Gainesville High School social studies department chair Diane Ried was selected by her peers as the 2013 Alachua County Teacher of the Year.
In addition to winning the title, Ried also won the keys to a brand new Toyota Prius courtesy of Gatorland Toyota.
Ried says she feels humbled by the recognition. She will now go on to represent Alachua County in the statewide Teacher of the Year program.
- "Teacher of the Year" Nominees
- UF Student is a Finalist for "Roommate of the Year"
- Susan Bowles named Alachua County Teacher of the Year
- Alachua County Teachers Gear Up For New School Year
- Bethany Crawford named Marion County Teacher of the Year
- Alachua County Public Schools Release Grades
- Alachua County Kicks Off School Superintendent Search With Public Forum
- FluMist is Back in Alachua County Public Schools
- Half of Alachua County Public School Students Expected to Ride Bus When Classes Start
- Only Few Days Left Before Start of Classes in Alachua County Public Schools