Human Remains Found by Man Scrapping Metal
Published February 5th, 2013
MARION COUNTY Fl:
A Marion County man looking for scrap metal... stumbled upon a skeleton instead.
The man was walking down a dirt road off of northeast 35th street sunday morning.
That's when he saw a 4- by- 6 blue tent.
He started loading up his truck with metals and other items.
But when he opened the tent he made the gruesome discover.
The man said, "I never thought I'd find a dead body. If I did I thought it would be whole, not a skeleton. But anybody dead or anybody that you find should be laid to rest."
A medical examiner collected the bones from the scene, possibly to be sent to an anthropologist.
Ocala Police Department spokesperson sergeant angy scroble says there are no signs of foul play.
Scroble explains that it may be a while before they can identify the skeletal remains.
- Human Remains Found In Backyard Believed To Be Missing Man
- Scrap Metal Thefts on the Rise
- Another Scrap Metal Arrest
- Police Arrest Father, Son For Stealing Scrap Metal
- Human Remains Found in a Van in Gilchrist County
- Human remains found in Ocklawaha
- Human Remains May Be Missing Marion County Man
- Human Remains Identified as Missing Marion County Man
- Human Remains of Over 100 People Found in Storage Locker
- Human Remains Found In Missing Boy's Yard