Mom Steals From Child's School
OCALA - An Ocala woman is facing grand theft charges after stealing from her own child's school.
48-year-old Lisa Ann Barfield was arrested yesterday after an auditor with the Marion County School Board reported the theft of almost $900.00.
Barfield was the site manager for the Dunnellon Elementary school after-hours program.
The woman admitted to writing the word "cash" on checks and money orders turned in by parents and enrolled students, and using that money to pay bills, as well as her own child's enrollment in the program.
- What's private and what's public in your child's school?
- Local 'Miracle Child' visits Washington, Disney World as CMN Champion
- Amber Alert Ends in Jacksonville as Child's Body is Found
- Child's Body Found in Live Oak
- Child's Wish Fulfilled In Motorcycle Parade
- Child's Death Ruled Accidental Drowning
- Roland Indicted For Child's Death
- Parents Reminded to Check Child's Safety Seat
- Is Your Child's Car Booster Seat Safe?
- Unidentified child's face being seen for the first time