Newly-Elected Congressman Ted Yoho 'Meets the Press'
Published February 2nd, 2013
GAINESVILLE - He's only been in Washington for a matter of weeks, but already north central Florida's newest member of Congress is making waves. Representative Ted Yoho refused to sign Grover Norquist's anti-tax pledge, and voted against reinstating fellow Republican John Boehner as Speaker of the House.
As Yoho begins to settle into his new role in Washington, the congressman met with members of the media Friday at his new Gainesville office. Rep. Yoho says he's ready to tackle some of the big issues currently facing Congress, including immigration. While he stopped short of supporting the framework introduced by a bipartisan group of Senators earlier this week, Rep. Yoho says the issue does need to be dealt with once and for all.
The congressman also spoke on the issue of guns. While Rep. Yoho says he does agree that guns need to stop finding their way into the hands of the mentally ill, he stopped short of supporting a ban on large gun clips or magazines.
Our full interview with Rep. Ted Yoho can be viewed by clicking "Play" on the video above.
- NCF Peanut Farmers Meet with Congressman Ted Yoho
- Congressman Ted Yoho Wins Republican Primary Elections
- Yoho Sworn In, Votes Against Boehner
- Yoho Comments on School Choice and Gun Control
- Congressman Yoho on Healthcare Legislation
- Local Immigration Group Talks Immigration Reform With Congressman Ted Yoho
- Immigration Summit With Congressman Ted Yoho (Long Version)
- Congressman Yoho and Mica in town
- Ted Yoho visits Newberry for first town hall meeting of the year
- Congressman Yoho's son arrested with DUI