One Stop Funds to be Used by Homeowner Rehab Program
GAINESVILLE- Money is being reallocated away for the One Stop Homeless Center and into the Homeowner Rehab program.
The commission approved 21 different projects involving house replacement or rehabilitation in the city.
City Commissioner, Todd Chase says,“All of a sudden we’re being told spend this money or you’re gonna lose it in the future and i’m just not happy with that and I gotta believe,I don’t care who you are but at some point we have got to stop just the rampant spending and slow down and prioritize things and then move forward."
The money was requested to be spent so that the city can continue to receive HUD money in the future,
- One Stop Homeless Center "Stopped?"
- State Senators Look To Cut Funding For Homeless Programs
- Alternative Site for Homeless One Stop Center No Longer An Option
- Gainesville's One Stop Homeless Center
- Rezoning the One Stop Homeless Center
- Wait Continues for One Stop Homeless Center
- City Commission Approves One-Stop Homeless Shelter
- County Commissioners Paving the Way for Surtax Intended to Fund Road Improvements
- Vice Presidential Hopeful, Paul Ryan Makes Victory Tour Stop in Ocala
- George P. Bush Makes a Stop in Gainesville, Encouraging Young Voters to Get to the Polls