Price Increase For Parking Permits for Those Who Live Near UF
The increase does not pertain to those residents who park in their driveway or behind their house, but will impact those who park on the street.
The increase comes after public works staff conducted a review of the city's parking permit program.
They discovered that there was a shortage of parking space in the Southwest Gainesville area, East of campus.
Some homeowners are not happy to have to purchase a parking permit to park in front of their own home.
City Commissioner Thomas Hawkins says that not everyone will get the price increase, it depends on where you live and the availability of parking in the area.
The price of the permit can range from $20 - $250.
- Possible Increase for Parking Permits Near the University
- Track Walk for Those Who Can't
- Increase in Fla. Park Prices
- Citrus Disease To Increase Prices
- No Hunger Game Part 2, The Faces Of Those Who Help
- Kid's Central: Helping Find Homes For Those Who Need It Most
- Free Amplified Phones For Those Who Are Hearing Or Speech Impaired
- Game Day Parking Permits
- Get Your Residential Parking Permits Online
- Increasing Beef Prices