Thief in Marion County Targets Vending Machines
Marion County, FL:
Its the pause that refreshes, someone's wallet.
Someone in Marion County is treating vending machines like lending machines.
Detectives are trying to cope with a spike in the number of vending machine thefts.
In most cases the vending machines are located outside of a business.
But in one case, the thief broke into a business because the machine was inside.
Detectives say they have seen this kind of crime before.
Detective Mike Spicer, Ocala Police Department said, "We have seen it in the past.It's sporadic. We don't get it all the time, but every so often you'll get a case on a vending machine that got broken into to. What's making this interesting now is since January 1of this year we have had nine total."
The victims are usually the Pepsi and Coca Cola companies, because they own the machines.
- Many Vending Machines Will Now Be Required To Display Calorie Information
- Thieves Targeting Ford Trucks In Marion County
- Copy Machines And Identity Theft
- Manhunt Over For Car Thief
- Credit Card Thief Arrested
- Gainesville Bank Robbed; Thief Still on the Loose
- Deputies: Resident Thwarts Would-Be Car Thief With Keyless Device
- Medical Office Thief Caught
- Tire Thief Arrested- Again
- Helmet Thief Behind Bars