Just How Loud is it at Gatornationals?
GAINESVILLE - We were right in the middle of it all at Gatornationals today.
We were also in the middle of all the noise.
So just how loud was it?
We used a sound meter to measure the sounds on and off the track and found that when the cars took off, the noise level was around 105 decibels.
Ordinary conversation is around 60 decibels, and any sound above 85 decibels lasting for a few hours can cause hearing loss.
At 105 decibels, that makes the sound 16 times higher than everyday noise.
The threshold of sound (silence) is 0 decibels.
- Just how common is Gallbladder disease?
- How Drivers Spend Their Down Time at the Gatornationals
- Jury to be Sequestered in Loud Music Killing Trial
- Loud "Booms" Reported Over NCF
- GPD to Crack Down on Loud Car Stereos
- Fla. Detective: 9 Bullet Holes in Loud Music SUV
- How to Shop as a Diabetic or Just How to Live a Healthier Lifestyle
- GatorNationals Kicks off Thursday
- GatorNationals Brings $Millions to Gainesville
- Answers To Hurricane Season, Just A Click Away