Marion County Brush Fire Closes Roads, Causes Evacuations
MARION COUNTY - A brush fire, spanning 300-hundred acres, has forced some Marion County residents to evacuate.
The Florida Highway Patrol has closed the area surrounding State Road 19 from State Road 40 to the Salt Springs area near County Road 314 for smoke and fog visibility issues.
Approximately 15 homes were in danger at the fire's outbreak.
Motorists are reminded to reduce their speed and utilize low beam headlights in order to adapt to changing weather conditions.
- UPDATE: Efforts Continue in Marion County to Put Out Brush Fire
- Fire Causes Road Closures in Bradford County
- Dangerous Fires Cause Evacuations
- Brush Fire in Eastern Alachua County
- Crews Fight 40-Acre Brush Fire In Putnam County
- 300 acre Brush Fire in Levy County is Growing
- Bradford County Crews Battled Brush Fires
- Brush Fire in Alachua County
- Marion County Health Department evacuated for bomb threat
- Safe Roads, Safe Children