Mayor Craig Lowe Arrested
Mayor Craig Lowe has been arrested.
He was booked into the Alachua County Jail just before 6:30 this morning.
According to the Florida Highway Patrol, a trooper was called out to a car crash in the area of NE 21st street and 156th avenue.
When they arrived on scene just before 4 AM, authorities found Mayor Lowe asleep behind the wheel of his car.
Authorities say he appeared to intoxicated and his silver Honda Civic was badly damaged.
Mayor Lowe admitted to having 3 beers earlier in the night.
A blood alcohol test was performed, and although he tested under the limit, the arresting officer concluded he was impaired at the time of the crash.
Mayor Lowe has been charged with DUI and property damage.
The incumbent Mayor is set to face Ed Braddy in a run off election next month.
- Dash Cam Video Released from Mayor Craig Lowe's DUI Arrest
- Mayor Craig Lowe's Receipt From the Night Of His DUI
- Gainesville Mayor Craig Lowe Accepts Plea Deal and His DUI Case Will Not Go To Trial
- Mayor Craig Lowe Could Still Win The Election
- Mayor Craig Lowe is Released from Jail on Bond
- Gainesville Mayor Craig Lowe Delivers Sate of the City Address
- TV20 Interview with Mayoral Candidate Craig Lowe
- City Commissioner Craig Lowe to Run for Mayor
- Receipt Released from Night of Mayor Lowe's Arrest, as Poll Shows Braddy With Slim Lead
- New Video of Mayor Lowe's DUI Arrest Raises Questions of Preferential Treatment