Craig Carter defeats Susan Bottcher 53-47%...Todd Chase wins easily...Annie Orlando & Helen Warren go to runoff
Metal From Passing Truck Injures Local Man
GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) - A man was injured when a metal cap from a passing truck broke through the windshield of his vehicle and struck the side of his head.
The Florida Highway Patrol says the incident happened Monday as 72-year-old Jerry Blankenship was driving home. The truck driven by Art Perkins was heading to Bartow.
Blankenship got a three-inch gash on his head. His wife, Pat Blankenship, says she was reading during the drive home from South Florida when she heard a thud and saw "blood going everywhere."
Blankenship pulled over and called for help.
Perkins says he stopped when he felt a vibration.
FHP says there probably won't be any charges.
- Fla. Toddler Injured After Falling from ATV
- Starke Man Injured in Motorcycle Crash
- Toddler Fatally Struck by Out-of-control Truck
- Woman Hit by Truck on I-75 in North Fla.
- 2 killed, 6 Injured in Interstate 75 Crash
- Deputy Injured in Hit-and-Run Crash
- Injured Florida Skydiver Says He'll Jump Again
- Palatka Woman Injured In ATV Accident
- Florida Man Hoisted to Safety From Dense Swamp
- Man Calls 911 To Keep Girlfriend From Leaving