Miracle Baby Clings to Life in Ocala
Published March 28th, 2013
OCALA- One Marion County infant is living up to his nickname of, "The Miracle Baby."
His parents are cherishing each day with a son who science and medicine say, shouldn't be alive.
The baby's doctors told parents Candice and Danny Batson that MRI's revealed their child had bleeding around the brain, causing seizures-- and rushed him to Shands.
On March 15th the Batsons made a difficult choice for their 5 day old son.
Baby Easton's mother, Candice recalls how the conversation went, "That's when they sat us down in the conference room and told us that the damage was very very very bad, it had damaged almost all of his brain into his brain stem. He would not be able to sustain his own life without feeding tubes and breathing tubes and things like that and at that point we made the decision to take him off of everything and let him go to heaven and be an angel."
Doctors only expected baby Easton to live for a couple of hours.
But more than a week later the little boy is defying doctors' expectation and holding on to life.
For more information on Easton, click here.
- My Brother's Keeper Program at Santa Fe Gives High Schoolers a Taste of College Life
- Gainesville Girl Making the Most of Life with Arthritis
- Police: Would-Be Robber Clinging to Life
- Three Men Gunned Down in Downtown Ocala, Man Believed to be Responsible in Custody
- Vice Presidential Hopeful, Paul Ryan Makes Victory Tour Stop in Ocala
- Bikers Deliver an Early Christmas Surprise to Children in Ocala
- Woman Found Dead Inside Southwest Ocala Home in what Police are Calling a Homicide
- Ocala Man Denies Killing His Girlfriend
- College of Central Florida Allegedly Denies Admission to Students from Ocala School
- Baseball Bat Saves the Day in Attempted Ocala Gas Station Robbery