Poe Springs Construction Has Resumed
ALACHUA COUNTY - It's been in the works since last summer - and now the re-opening of a local spring could be on the horizon.
Poe springs has been closed for construction as workers try and build the new steps into the water.
Construction on new steps began during the drought last year because the water level had dropped so much, getting into the spring was difficult.
Vernest LeGree, the Contracts Project Coordinator for the Parks Department in Alachua County says the water is still down and this is why they are able to resume the project - "we had to wait for the water to recede so we started back up because it went back and it was a good time to do what we planned to do."
The project is expected to finally wrap up in May.
The park is still owned and maintained by Alachua County and there is no word yet if the park will be acquired by High Springs, as was the plan last year.
- Construction in Poe Springs Park Nears Completion
- Poe Springs Reopens for Swimming
- Poe Springs Re-Opens on July Fourth
- Poe Springs Could Stop Flowing- No Swimming Would Be Allowed
- Stepping Back From Poe Springs?
- Changes To Poe Springs Park
- City Moves Forward With Poe Springs Plan
- Poe vs. Skop- City Commission Run-Off Election Tuesday
- Alachua County Resumes Search for New County Manager
- School Year Resumes With Changes For Starke Elementary School