Step Up, Stop Crime!
Gainesville Police launch a new program to help catch the bad guys. GPD officers introduced their "Step up, Stop Crime!" at a town hall meeting on March 6th. It's an initiative that encourages neighbors to report suspicious activity. Police say it will give them extra ears and eyes in the community.
"There's very few of us and a lot of people out there in their neighborhoods. They see what's going on. They're more able to determine very quickly if something is out of the ordinary or wrong," Corporal Fernando Zaragoza (Gainesville Police Department) said.
- Traffic Stop Reveals Multi-State Crime Ring
- Traffic Stop Solves 2010 Crime
- CrimeWatch volunteer stops beating in Marion County
- Miller Steps Up, NBA Finals
- Gainesville Woman Tied Up, Attacked in Home-Invasion Robbery
- When Temps Heat Up, Pets Can Be In Peril
- As Buildings Go UP, the Economy Does Too...
- Need is Up, Donations are Down
- Up, Up and Away and Here to Stay
- Water Levels on Lakes Up, Down?