United Way Thanks Donors With Positive Picketing
They called it "positive picketing." United Way of North Central Florida staffers waved thank you signs around town on Monday, March 25th. It was to show their appreciation to donors who have supported the non-profit. At The Health Park off of Northwest 39th Avenue, they thanked the health insurance company AvMed. Staff members say this was the best way to say thanks.
"The word picket people always think of as being negative, and we wanted to make it something positive. We want other people in our community to see who's supporting United Way," Dana Clayton (United Way Spokesman) said.
They also visited Santa Fe College, the construction company CPPI, and Campus USA Credit Union. After every stop, they went inside each company and thanked workers face-to-face.
- A Positive Attitude Goes A Long Way Fighting Breast Cancer
- United Way to Help Tornado Victims
- United Way Fundraiser
- United Way Volunteers Work on 'Day of Action'
- United Way Keeping Kids In School With $300K AT&T Grant
- United Way & Local Leaders Bring Books to Kids
- Protestors Picket Again at Hawthorne Medical Center
- Protestors Picket for Health Care Reform
- Local Pastor Part Of Longest Kidney Donor Chain
- Organ Donor Bill Vetoed