United Way Thanks Donors With Positive Picketing
They called it "positive picketing." United Way of North Central Florida staffers waved thank you signs around town on Monday, March 25th. It was to show their appreciation to donors who have supported the non-profit. At The Health Park off of Northwest 39th Avenue, they thanked the health insurance company AvMed. Staff members say this was the best way to say thanks.
"The word picket people always think of as being negative, and we wanted to make it something positive. We want other people in our community to see who's supporting United Way," Dana Clayton (United Way Spokesman) said.
They also visited Santa Fe College, the construction company CPPI, and Campus USA Credit Union. After every stop, they went inside each company and thanked workers face-to-face.
- United Way to Help Tornado Victims
- United Way Fundraiser
- United Way Volunteers Work on 'Day of Action'
- United Way & Local Leaders Bring Books to Kids
- United Way Keeping Kids In School With $300K AT&T Grant
- Protestors Picket for Health Care Reform
- Protestors Picket Again at Hawthorne Medical Center
- Organ Donor Bill Vetoed
- Become an Organ and Tissue Donor
- Medical Spotlight: National Blood Donor Month