What's the Next Step for Mayor Lowe Following His DUI Arrest?
Published March 22nd, 2013
GAINESVILLE - Now that Craig Lowe has been released from jail, many are wondering what comes next for the mayor.
As of early Friday, Lowe has not announced any intentions of stepping down from office or getting out of the mayoral race. The Gainesville city attorney says her office will only review the policies involved in replacing the mayor if he makes that decision.
In the meantime, Commissioner and Mayor Pro Tem Lauren Poe presided over the regularly scheduled city commission meeting on Thursday and even proceeded to read some of the proclamations on behalf of the mayor.
Mayor Lowe was released from the Alachua County Jail on his own recognizance just a few hours before the afternoon meeting began, and before he had appeared before a judge, something Gainesville attorney Robert Rush says is very common in DUI cases.
In a statement released late Thursday, the mayor says he is confident that he will be acquitted in this case after more facts come to light.
- Gainesville Mayor Craig Lowe Accepts Plea Deal and His DUI Case Will Not Go To Trial
- Mayor Craig Lowe's Receipt From the Night Of His DUI
- Dash Cam Video Released from Mayor Craig Lowe's DUI Arrest
- Gainesville Mayor Craig Lowe Delivers Sate of the City Address
- New Video of Mayor Lowe's DUI Arrest Raises Questions of Preferential Treatment
- Braddy Earns Decisive Win Against Lowe to Become Gainesville's Next Mayor
- City Commissioner Craig Lowe to Run for Mayor
- Mayor Craig Lowe Arrested
- Mayor Craig Lowe Could Still Win The Election
- Mayor Craig Lowe is Released from Jail on Bond