Alachua County Democratic Party Wants Alachua County Democratic Black Caucus Charter Revoked
GAINESVILLE - The rift between the Alachua County Democratic Executive Committee and the Alachua County Democratic Black Caucus is growing bigger. The leadership of the county democrats wrote a letter asking the state democratic party to revoke the charter of the Alachua County Democratic Black Caucus. However officers of the black caucus tell me they are fighting back.
Some of the Democrats who supported Republican Ed Braddy for mayor over Democrat Craig Lowe are being called out for their choice. This is the letter members of the Alachua County Democratic Party wrote to the florida democratic party. In it they list a number of times were officers in the Alachua County Democratic Black Caucus publicly showed their support towards Ed Braddy.
Charles Goston with the Black Caucus says they supported candidates policies not parties in this non-partisan race. "African americans in Alachua county were going to respond in time, they have given us nothing so they can't expect anything back from us. When they get ready to respect the African American votes than they can get the same thing back from us," Goston said.
Mayor-Elect ed braddy hosted a meeting in which he invited supporters of his campaign to celebrate his victory and talk about the content of the letter from the county democratic party. "We appealed to people of all different backgrounds along the common themes of affordability and getting back to the basics of good government and that should not be a republican message, or a democratic message or a non-party affiliation message," Braddy said.
- Alachua County Democratic Black Caucus Not To Be Revoked
- Braddy Attends Democratic Black Caucus Forum While Lowe Attends Fundraiser
- The Fight for Alachua County Sheriff is on at The 2008 Democratic Black Caucus
- Alachua County Students Play Mayor for the Day
- Mayor Craig Lowe's Receipt From the Night Of His DUI
- Gainesville Mayor Craig Lowe Accepts Plea Deal and His DUI Case Will Not Go To Trial
- Mayor Craig Lowe Could Still Win The Election
- Dash Cam Video Released from Mayor Craig Lowe's DUI Arrest
- Mayor Craig Lowe Arrested
- Mayor Craig Lowe is Released from Jail on Bond