Cedar Key's Art Festival Preparations
CEDAR KEY - One of the biggest events of the year in North Central Florida is getting set to kick off in cedar key. Art, food and music all come together at the cedar key art festival. Most local businesses are preparing for the weekend.
I spent the afternoon in Cedar Key where businesses are preparing for what is one of their biggest selling days. Whether they're selling food or renting kayaks, the cedar key arts festival attracts people from everywhere. And the businesses all benefit from the thousands of people that pour in.
Kellie Parkin, Tony's Clam Chowder Vice-President tells me they've been preparing for 2 weeks for the festval. "Making sure our scheduling is right and our food ordering is right. And we have a special lunch menu for these two days to make sure we can accommodate all of the people that are coming through, a lot of preparation," Parkin says.
She says the restaurant gets so crowded, they put together a chowder bar outside. The chowder bar sells as much or more of what they sell inside the restaurant. Don't forget to tune in tonight (Friday) at 11pm, as I will let you more on what is being done to make this festival happen. And also how cedar key's businesses are impacted by this well-attended two day event.
- Economic Impact of Cedar Key Arts Festival
- Cedar Key's Seafood Festival, A Way Of Life
- Cedar Key Eatery Claims Clam Chowder Contest Top Spot
- Award Winning Clam Chowder In Cedar Key
- Cedar Key's Lighthouse
- 50th Annual Fine Arts Festival in Cedar Key This Weekend
- Cedar Key Arts Festival Celebrates 50th Anniversary
- 48th Annual Cedar Key Arts Festival
- Cedar Key hosts annual spring arts festival this weekend
- Hundreds Flock To Cedar Key Arts Festival