City of Gainesville Celebrates Earth Day
The City of Gainesville is using Earth Day to teach others about the importance of going green.
Volunteers at the Morningside Nature Center hosted the Farm and Forest Festival today in celebration of Earth Day.
The annual event showcased local environmental groups and gave visitors a look at some of Florida's critters.
Organizers say the goal was to give easy tips on living environmentally friendly.
The City of Gainesville Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs Department, Friends of Nature Parks, and the Florida Native Plant Society will host a native plant sale at the Morningside Nature Center next Friday, April 26 and Saturday, April 27.
For mroe information, visit the city's Nature Operations Division website.
- Alachua County Celebrates Earth Day
- Earth Day in Gainesville
- New Restrictions on Game Day Parking Passes Gainesville City Commission
- Gainesville Gay Rights Activists Celebrate SCOTUS Decision on Steps of City Hall
- Gainesville Celebrates National Free Comic Book Day May 2.
- Shuttle Atlantis Set to Return to Earth
- Small City Big Politics: Election Day in City of Alachua
- Gainesville Charity Facing Freeze on Funding from City of Gainesville
- Gainesville City Commissioner Wants To See Changes In East Gainesville Redevelopment
- Eviction Day for Tent City On The Horizon