Furloughs Affect Ocala not Gainesville Airport
GAINESVILLE - Gainesville Regional Airport officials say the reason why their flights are not affect is because they have a contract with a control tower. It means that instead of being directly run by the government, it contracted out a private business and so that air traffic controllers are paid by the third party and its the third party that takes the payment from the government.
The control tower in Ocala will shut, it's one of 149 nationally because of sequester cuts to save 600 million dollars.
It was planned to shut down in Apirl but was delayed to end its contract in mid June.
- Military Furlough Plan To Affect Camp Blanding
- Plane Makes Emergency Landing At Ocala Airport
- Ocala Airport Tower Closing
- Ocala International Airport Gets New Control Tower
- Ocala Airport Expansion
- Air Travel Problems in Europe Affect Two Gainesville Residents
- Data Breach Affects Two Gainesville Jimmy Johns Locations
- Gainesville Airport Receives $998K Grant
- Woman Killed at Gainesville Regional Airport
- Body Found Near Gainesville Airport