Hopping for A Cure
GAINESVILLE - The University of Florida is well known for all of its sports programs, but what about hop scotch?
Students took to the pavement today for this throwback sport hoping to raise money.
The Freshman Leadership Outreach held their 'Hopping 4 a Cure Hopscotch Tournament' this afternoon to raise the money for people with multiple sclerosis.
The event featured four different hopscotch divisions: speed, endurance, challenge and extreme.
Among those hopping today were students with family members that have MS and say putting this event together was quite the experience.
David Nassau, co-founder and president for 'Hopping 4 a Cure' says "I feel really excited. I feel honored, humbled really to have the support that I've gotten from my community, being in the Innovation Academy, the gator nation. To be apart of something that even bigger than myself.I mean this is a small piece of a bigger puzzle."
Many prizes were given out to "bracket" winners.
The winner of the tournament will receive an HDTV.
- Hopping 4 a Cure Tries to Break World Record
- "Hopping 4 A Cure" helping those with MS
- Stimulus Dollars Cure Summertime Blues
- Finding a Cure
- Gators Race for the Cure 5K
- UF Scientists Nearing Crazy Ant Cure
- "Kick Off For a Cure" for Cystic Fibrosis This Saturday
- Share the Cure 2012
- "Kick-Off for a Cure" Tailgate Event
- Kick Off To A Cure