Man Guilty in Fatal Marion County Home Invasion Shooting
GAINESVILLE - A Marion County jury found 26 year old Jolgar Desir guilty Sunday of murder, attempted murder, home invasion robbery with a firearm and kidnapping with a firearm.
Prosecutors weren't seeking the death penalty, so he'll receive a mandatory life sentence at a May 3rd hearing.
Authorities say 43 year old Robert Jamerson was shot and killed at his Orange Lake home in August 2009.
His younger brother, Terrence, also was shot but survived wounds to his shoulder and back.
Authorities believe Desir, whose fingerprint was found at the scene, was one of two men who had gone to the home looking for drugs.
The second man has not been caught.
- Man Gets 40 Years For Fatal Home Invasion
- MCSO Home Invasion
- Man shot and killed in home invasion robbery
- Man Gets Life For Fatal Home Invasion
- Lake City man arrested in shooting, home invasion
- Shooting in Marion County leaves one man in critical condition
- Fatal Marion Crash
- Couple Arrested after Home Invasion
- Cloud 9 Shooting Suspects Arrested
- Man Back in Jail for False Traffic Stops