National Boys and Girls Club Week
GAINESVILLE- Officials from the Boys and Girls club of alachua county are celebrating "National Boys and Girls Club Week."
It's a time filled with activities to get the community involved to see what's happening at the club in Southeast Gainesvlle.
They're having an "Honor Rock and Roll" party for those students who have a 3.5 or higher grade point average.
"having a place like this where the kids are supervised they're learning, their grades are increasing every child that goes here has a GPA 3.0 and higher and that speaks volumes to these kids," Natalya Bannister, Area Director for the Boys and Girls Club of Alachua County.
"I feel great because I make honor roll and how I achieve a lot of stuff in school but like getting good grades on my report card," Khamari Douglas, Williams Elementary student said.
The week wraps up with a tour of the Boys and Girls club this Friday.
- Boys and Girls Club Wins Award
- Area Boys and Girls Club Wins National Award
- Changes on the Way for Boys and Girls Club Field
- Ocala Boys & Girls Club Trashed, Police Search for Vandal
- Woodland Park Boys and Girls Club Receives Awards
- Future Olympian Conor Dwyer Visits Boys and Girls Club
- The Girls Club of Alachua County
- Alachua Girl in National Tissue Box Artwork Contest
- 'Hiccup Girl' on Trial on Murder Charge in Florida
- National Tire Safety Week Puts Pressure on Drivers to Be, "Tire Smart"