20th Annual Bed Making Competition
GAINESVILLE- What if making your bed could earn you cold hard cash?
That was the reality this morning at the 20th Annual Bed Making Competition in Gainesville at the Paramount Plaza Hotel.
The event kicks of Tourism Week in Alachua County, bringing together hospitality professionals from many area hotels.
The contestants were judged on neatness and speed as fellow housekeepers cheered them on.
In the end, a 15 year veteran from Best Western Gateway Grand took home the $200 prize and bragging rights for the year.
TV20's own Corrie Lovette was one of three judges.
Albert and Alberta were on hand to help present the "Spirit Award" to staff from the UF Hilton.
For more information on Tourism Week in Alachua County visit http://www.visitgainesville.com
- Making Beds To Make Gainesville's Tourism Industry Money
- Children's Hospital in Gainesville Makes Cents
- New Bed Tower at The VA Hospital
- 12th Annual Florida Lineman Competition
- Area Attractions Offer Discounts As Part of Tourism Week Celebration
- Grand Jury Makes Decision About Officer-Involved Shooting
- Local High School Bands Make It To State Competitions
- Force Sisters Visit Children's Hospital Before Race
- Santa Visits Hospital
- Tourism Down in Gainesville