Bear Sighting in Southwest Gainesville
GAINESVILLE - Gainesville Police officers spent Thursday morning searching for a black bear in the southwest section of Gainesville.
Neighbors reported seeing the bear in the Kirkwood subdivision.
FWC officers were searching for the bear, but so far, no luck.
Bears in the springtime are not uncommon in that part of Gainesville because of nearby Paynes Prairie Preserve State Park and other wild areas.
- Bear on the Loose in Kirkwood Neighborhood in Southwest Gainesville
- Bear Sightings Are Up
- Bear Sighting
- Online Reporting of Black Bear Sightings in NCF on the Increase
- Man Shot in SouthWest Gainesville
- Police Find Solution for Southwest 62nd Boulevard Crosswalk
- Woman Found Dead Inside Southwest Ocala Home in what Police are Calling a Homicide
- Gainesville Boy's Baby Photo Seen Around the World
- New Healthcare Center Opening in Southwest Gainesville
- Woman Found Dead in Southwest Gainesville