Bicycle Pathway Along Southwest 8th Avenue Approved
A road project in Southwest Gainesville is one step closer to reality. Alachua County Commissioners approved a 60 percent plan for a bicycle and pedestrian pathway along Southwest 8th Avenue.
The two mile multi-use path would run along Southwest 8th Avenue from Southwest 91st Street to Southwest 122nd Street. The designed path is 6 to 8 feet wide.
Estimates say it would cost around $780,000, which would be funded under federal money. The design plan is now headed to the Metropolitan Transportation Planning Organization for review in June.
- NW 8th Avenue Reverted to 4 Lanes
- Mixed Reaction On Gainesville's NW 8th Avenue Reconstruction Project,
- GPD Officers: 8th Avenue Impeding Emergency Response
- NW 8th Avenue Reverts To 4 Lanes After Holidays
- NW 8th Avenue Crash In Gainesville Becomes Deadly
- More changes for Northwest 8th construction project
- 8th avenue road work causing delays
- City approves $3.1 million in assistance for new development
- Gainesville's First Bike Boulevard Officially Open
- Pathways to Freedom Exhibit on Display at Santa Fe College