Bicycle Pathway Along Southwest 8th Avenue Approved
A road project in Southwest Gainesville is one step closer to reality. Alachua County Commissioners approved a 60 percent plan for a bicycle and pedestrian pathway along Southwest 8th Avenue.
The two mile multi-use path would run along Southwest 8th Avenue from Southwest 91st Street to Southwest 122nd Street. The designed path is 6 to 8 feet wide.
Estimates say it would cost around $780,000, which would be funded under federal money. The design plan is now headed to the Metropolitan Transportation Planning Organization for review in June.
- Mixed Reaction On Gainesville's NW 8th Avenue Reconstruction Project,
- Changes For Northwest 8th Avenue In Gainesville... From 4-Lane to 2-Lane
- Man Beaten on 8th Avenue has Been Taken Off Life Support
- GPD Officers: 8th Avenue Impeding Emergency Response
- Gainesville's First Bike Boulevard Officially Open
- Pathways to Freedom Exhibit on Display at Santa Fe College
- Midnight Vote on Plans for NW 16th Avenue and NW 23rd Avenue
- Man Shot in SouthWest Gainesville
- Open Streets Promotes Healthy Living
- Hawthorne Trail Expansion