Bob Peeling Day
Call it courage.
A gentle giant of a guidance counselor-- taken away from his beloved middle school-- made a triumphant return this week.
Bob Peeling has worked at Lake Butler Middle School for 19 years, but was forced to stop working in January when doctors found a tumor on his spine.
After 22 rounds of radiation, Peeling returned to work and this week, the school honored him with "Bob Peeling Day."
This is his story-- told to us by his former students and colleagues.
- 21-Year-Old Man Drowns At Popular Dixie County Swimming Spot
- WWII Veteran to Visit Iwo Jima Memorial for First Time
- GRU GM Bob Hunzinger Announces Plans to Resign
- Packed Gainesville City Pool
- Religion & Politics
- Community Advocate Passes Away
- Bike Racks Causing a Stir in Downtown High Springs
- Remembering the Battle of Iwo Jima
- Community Supports Injured High School Athlete #PrayForCole
- Memorial held for public servant