Inmate Escapes From Alachua County Work Release Center
ALACHUA COUNTY, Fla.- The Alachua County work release program is no stranger to escapees but it doesn’t happen often.
And even less often does an inmate escape from the work release facility grounds.
But that’s exactly what happened to one Alachua County man who decided that life on the run is better than time behind bars.
Alachua County Work Release Manager, Joe Lipsey explains, “To walk away from here and not return...that’s their prerogative? and they understand that an escape charge will be placed upon them.”
That escape charge is what’s in store for Timothy Golphin,an alachua county inmate that ran away from the Alachua County Work Release Center last Friday.
Golphin is one of five inmates to have escaped from the program in the past year.
In that same time 108 inmates have been sent back to jail after getting program violations.
- Escaped Work Release Inmate Back In Custody
- Lake City Inmate Attempts to Escape from Work Camp
- Inmate returned to jail after escaping
- Former Gator Released From Jail
- Wanted Tennessee Fugitive Arrested Across the Street from Alachua County Sheriff's Office
- Who are the Inmates Working Around Alachua County?
- Visitors Can Talk to Alachua County Jail Inmates from their Living Rooms
- Columbia County Working on Balancing Ballot Mistake
- Trip to Grocery Store Ends in Jail Time for Bradford County Family
- Search for Missing Student Reaches High and Low with Help from Joint Aviation Unit