Man Gets Life For Fatal Home Invasion
OCALA, Fla. - A man has been sentenced to life in prison plus another 30 years for a fatal home invasion in north Florida.
A Marion County judge sentenced 26-year-old Jolgar Desir on Friday.
He was convicted Sunday of murder, attempted murder, home invasion robbery with a firearm and kidnapping with a firearm.
Authorities say 43-year-old Robert Jamerson was shot and killed at his Orange Lake home in August 2009.
His younger brother, Terrence, also was shot but survived wounds to his shoulder and back.
Authorities believe Desir, whose fingerprint was found at the scene, was one of two men who had gone to the home looking for drugs.
The second man has not been caught.
- Judge Sends North Fla. Man to Prison for Life
- Convicted Pa. Abortion Doctor Gets Life in Prison
- Man Gets Life Sentence for Boy's Death
- Man Gets 40 Years For Fatal Home Invasion
- Florida Man Gets Life For Strangling Girlfriend
- Suspect in Tampa Home Invasions, Assaults Caught
- Gainesville Man Goes to Prison for Stealing Soldier's Identity
- Man Guilty in Fatal Marion County Home Invasion Shooting
- Brutal Home Invasion Reported in Polk County
- Man Gets 25 Years for Killing Woman