Craig Carter defeats Susan Bottcher 53-47%...Todd Chase wins easily...Annie Orlando & Helen Warren go to runoff
Memorial Day Weekend Picnic
As we continue to shine the spotlight on current and fallen soliders... one veteran says it's also important to remember the "families" who supported those men and women.
And some did just that today... as more than 100 people gathered this afternoon at the Alachua County Senior Recreation Park... to remember those who have died serving our country.
Food, live music, and of course, stories of the past, were all part of this year's Memorial Day picnic.
Families who lost their loved ones in battle took this day to remember them... as one veteran reminded us the day should also be dedicated to the families that were there every step of the day.
"You just can't imagine the suffering that they go through; so we need to pay tribute not only to the men and women who lost their lives but their families as well," said war veteran, Gary Cook.
The ROTC of Gainesville was at the picnic... as well as the Gator Barbers who sang American tribute songs.
- Memorial Day Events Cancelled
- Tips For Traveling On The Road... Memorial Day Weekend
- More Travelers By Car Than by Plane, This Memorial Day Weekend
- Boating on Memorial Weekend
- Romantic Picnic Ideas
- High Tech Picnic Table Provides Shade & Solar Power
- Celebrating Memorial Day In Palatka
- Memorial Day Closings
- Memorial Day Events
- Forest Meadows Memorial Day Celebration