New Portrait Exhibit At Harn Museum
They say a picture is worth a thousand words. But trying to figure out those words isn't always easy and today it was all about identity.
A new portrait exhibit was presented at the Harn Musuem of Art today. The museum carries more than 9,000 works of art in an underground warehouse. Every few months, they rotate a hundred paintings back to the warehouse to protect them from light exposure.
This is the first exhibit to feature artwork from all five of the museum's collecting areas. -- That includes african, asian, and contemporary art.
Art experts say the exhibit explores the creation, meaning, and importance of portraits.
The exhibit will be on display until September 8th.
- Butterfly Exhibit
- Parkinson's Patients Art Exhibit
- UF Arts Exhibit Shows African Art
- Pathways to Freedom Exhibit on Display at Santa Fe College
- Huge Veterans Day Exhibit in North Central Florida
- CSI Exhibits Showcases Crime Solving Bugs!
- Four NASA Artifacts on Display at Wings of Dreams Museum
- Local Artist Owns 3D Fluorescent Art Museum
- Matheson Museum Brings Alachua County History to Life
- Beating the Summertime Blues: Florida Museum of Natural History