Newberry Watermelon Festival
Saturday afternoon a couple thousand people of all ages gathered together for one sweet annual tradition, the Newberry Watermelon Festival.
Tia Bonnell, former president of the Watermelon Committee, said the event is a valuable fundraising effort for their close-knit community.
Bonnell said, "The festival is basically about supporting our local farmers, agriculture, and all the money that we raise, apart from what we need to do for next year's festival to get it started, we donate in scholarships to the schools."
There were tables of freshly sliced Watermelon and even Watermelon rolling races. The family fun is expected to happen all over again next year during the same time.
- Newberry Watermelon Festival
- The 59th Annual Watermelon Festival in Chiefland
- Chiefland Watermelon Festival This Weekend
- Watermelon Festival
- Newberry Festival Of Lights
- Santa and Mrs. Claus Talk About Newberry's Festival of Lights
- Watermelon Season and the Rain
- International Piano Festival at UF
- Economic Impact of Cedar Key Arts Festival
- 5 Shot, 1 Dead at Williston Festival