Police Still Investigating Armed Robberies near Royal Village
Police are still investigating two armed robberies that occurred Friday afternoon near Royal Village, a popular student apartment complex in Gainesville on S.W. Sixth Street and Depot Avenue.
The Gainesville Police Department reported that they had identified a possible suspect but his identity has not been released.
Police cannot confirm an identity to the public but Friday night they arrested Gainesville resident Eric Hill. He was charged with possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
Officers responded to a call of a person shot when they located a 14 year old victim with a gunshot wound to his leg. Hill was identified by two witnessess who said he brought a small handgun to a park and offered to show everyone the gun at a table. While the gun was being passed around, it went off and shot the 14 year old who was holding it.
In total, Hill has nine felony convictions.
- Shooting & robbery investigation at Hidden Village apartments
- Armed robbery near UF
- One man still on the run after armed robbery on UF's campus
- UFPD investigating 5th robbery on or near campus in 2 weeks
- Police investigate child assault
- Police investigating homicide in Ocala
- Police Search for Armed Robbery Suspects
- Police searching for second suspect in armed robbery on UF campus
- Royal Baby Celebration
- Gainesville Police Investigating Fourth Murder this Year Near Southern Pines Apartments