Pollo Tropical Restaurant Grand Opening
It was a news competition to find out who would be the last man standing. To celebrate the grand opening of the Pollo Tropical restaurant, members of the news media engaged in a surfing simulator competition.
The restaurant will donate a thousand dollars to a charity of the winner's choice. Weekend Sports Anchor Zach Aldridge represented TV20 and came in second place with a time of 47 seconds.
"I really wanted to win to get that money donated to the Bread of the Mighty, but it didn't happen. I'm not going to lie. I'm really not happy right now. I hate losing, and I'm trying to be humble right now," Zach Aldridge (TV20 Sports Anchor) said.
Phillip Marcel of Gainesville Magazine won with a score of 50 seconds-- winning a a thousand dollar charity donation for Hope Worldwide Organization.
- Live Oak Opens Shelter for Displaced Debby Residents
- Williston Elementary First Graders Open A New Restaurant
- Gainesville Restaurant Fights To Stay Open
- Grand Opening for Emergency Operations Center---In the Nick of Time
- Cancer Center Grand Opening
- Citizens Co-op Holds Grand Opening
- Archer Celebrates Grand Opening of Community Center
- Cedar Key Businesses Open
- A Grand Jury Says Former Columbia County Sheriff's Employees Commit Grand Theft
- Gainesville Restaurant Week 2012