Some Issues With NCF Bridges
In the wake of the Interstate bridge collapse over the Skagit River in Washington on Thursday, a check of federal records shows many "Structurally Deficient" and "Functionally Obsolete" bridges in North Central Florida.
That does not mean these bridges are necessarily unsafe.
Structurally Deficient describes bridges that have a defect that requires a weight or speed limit.
Functionally Obsolete means that bridge does not meet current design standards.
Of the nearly 500 bridges in North Central Florida... every county except Alachua and Gilchrist has at least one Structually Deficient bridge. There are dozens of Functionally Obsolete bridges.
The find a list of bridges, visit http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/bridge/nbi/county09.cfm#fl.
- Florida Bridges Ranked Among Best in Bridge Care
- Ready For Hurricane Season? Inspect Your Trees.
- Home Inspections
- Food Inspections
- Firework Vendor Inspections
- Calico Jack's Restaurant Closed After Failing Inspection
- Despite Reinstatement of Death Benefits, NCF Military Families Say Damage Has Been Done
- Free Events Draw Tourists To NCF
- NCF Soldier Dies In Afghanistan
- Fires Cause Dense Smoke in NCF