Stolen Puppy Returned to Columbia County Boy
Columbia County, Fla.- Calypso, the 3 month old pitbull lab mix puppy has been returned to his rightful owners after a run in with a couple of criminals.
Lake City Police responded to 4 year old, Samuel Claridy's great grandmother’s house after a tip of suspicious activity from a neighbor.
Lake City Police Officer Michael Lee says, “He said they were walking through the yard of a neighbor, he observed one of the teenagers go up and start knocking on the door and saw the other teenager actually sneaking into the backyard. He saw them get something, the one that was in the backyard retrieve something.”
Two teens left Samuel’s great grandmother’s house with Calypso before hiding him in the nearby woods.
Lake City Police say they caught up with the teens and they confessed to the crime before showing investigators where they left the dog.
Samuel's parents say the boy has Asperger's Syndrome and the dog comforts him.
The two juveniles in this case were arrested on charges of grand theft.
- Stolen puppies with potential service dog future still missing
- Stolen Property Returned
- Woman Returns from Work to Find Her Brick Driveway Was Stolen
- Five Puppies Drown in Morning Flood
- Puppy saved from mobile home fire
- Boy Returns to Gainesville for Special Surgery
- Kidnapped Boy Returned to Father
- Laptops stolen from Micanopy Middle
- Two Buses Stolen From Alachua County School District Lot
- Routine Arrest Leads to Stolen Police Gun