Alachua County Man Arrested for Stalking Woman at Bus Stop
Published June 11th, 2013
ALACHUA COUNTY - An Alachua County man accused of stalking a woman while she was waiting to catch the bus is behind bars.
Ernesto Boada, 51, was arrested on on Monday after Alachua County Sheriff's Deputies say he tried to lure the same woman into his car multiple times, all while she was waiting for the bus along Tower Road.
According to deputies, when the woman refused to get in Boada's car, he then sped away, but not before the victim was able to provide investigators with a description of his car, a 2005 green Toyota Scion.
Deputies say the same car had been reported by other woman who were also approached in a similar manner over the past few years while waiting for the bus.
"We've had multiple cases in the past where they believe [Boada] was involved in either approaching young females, [including a few] adolescent females, in the area of Tower Road, and persistently pursuing them," said Sgt. Todd Kelly of the Alachua County Sheriff's Office.
Sgt. Kelly says one of those cases goes back as far as 2005. In another case, the girl reportedly stalked was as young as fourteen. The sheriff's office says no arrest was made at the time because there was not enough evidence to charge Boada with a crime.
Boata has since been booked into the Alachua County Jail, and is charged with one count of stalking, as well as one count of possession of a drug without a prescription after deputies say they found half a pill of Viagra inside Boada's car.
Investigators say they will now review these past incidents to see if they can conclusively link Boada to any of them.
- Suspect Arrested for Stalking Woman
- Man Arrested for Threats and Aggravated Stalking of a Minor
- Sex offender near school bus stop
- Gainesville Man Stopped for Seat Belt Violation, Arrested for Drug Possession
- Gainesville Man Arrested on Drug Charges Following Traffic Stop
- Deputies: Gainesville Man Stalks, Sends Threatening Messages To Two Women
- Fla. Man Stalks, Kills Diamondback Rattlesnake
- Stopping Deadly Virus at Alachua County Animal Services
- Alachua County school bus aide out on bail
- Alachua County school bus schedule concerns