Alachua County Resumes Search for New County Manager
ALACHUA COUNTY - Alachua County's choice to become the new county manager has changed his mind.
In a letter to Commission Chair Mike Byerly, James Bourey of Greenville, SC announced he is withdrawing his name from consideration.
Bourey wrote that he will instead pursue a job elsewhere.
This week, commissioners raised their compensation offer to Bourey to $168,000 base salary after he indicated the first offer of $160,000 was not enough.
Bourey was selected from a pool of five finalists.
The commission meets next Tuesday to decide their next move.
- New Leads Sought in Search for Missing Mom, Kids
- Breathalyzers, Most Cop Cars Don't Carry Them
- Fort Hood Trial Resumes as Lawyers Demand Removal
- Alachua County Activates 311 Emergency Management Line
- Obama Asks 'Soul Searching' after Martin Shooting
- Health Department Searching for Man Exposed to Rabid Fox
- Health Policy Cancellations: New Blow for Administration
- Raising Awareness About New Health Laws in Florida
- Local E.P.A. is searching for a new committee member
- UF Issues Alert for New Phishing Scam