Baby Left in Car While Mother was in a Bar
OCALA - Ocala Police say a woman left her infant inside a car while she went inside an Ocala bar.
A 911 caller alerted police early Monday.
Officers responded and found the sweating baby inside the 2001 Mercury Sable outside the Suite 306 Bar and Lounge.
The baby was in a car seat with the front window open.
22-year-old Britney Rohdy told the officer she came to the bar to look for someone and had been inside less than 10 minutes. But the bar owner told police she had been there for at least 30 minutes.
The baby was taken by the Department of Children and Families before being released to Rohdy's mother.
Rohdy is being held on a $10,000 bond.
- Boy Dies In Car While Parents At Funeral
- Navigators Barred From County Health Departments
- Two Putnam County Detectives Fired After Bar Fight
- Baby Dies of Head Injuries; Man Arrested
- Toddler Left in Vehicle Dies; S. Fla. Mom Arrested
- Car Prices Hit Record as Buyers Load Up on Options
- Former NFL Player Leaves Child Alone in Car
- Panther Dies After Colliding with Car
- Program Introduces Electric Rental Cars in Orlando
- 2 Bodies Found Inside Burned-out Car